This page is all about how to leave a comment on someone else’s post or on your own post.
If you find a post that is interesting, or that you may have a question, make sure to COMMENT.
- The first thing you want to do is click on “leave a comment.” – this will allow you too write what you want to the person
- Next, you can click the blue button that says “post comment”.
After that you’re all set!
Next, when writing you’re comment, you have some guidelines on how to write a good helpful comment to the person.
Remember to think of your digital privacy…
- Use your first name ONLY when identifying yourself
- Never post your home email, address, phone number, or school name.
- Don’t share specifics in your daily routine (locations, times).
Think of your tone…
- You can have humor, but be careful with sarcasm when commenting
- Be polite, friendly, and encouraging
- If you disagree, find a way to give them constructive feedback.
Think about the content…
- Don’t say random stuff or get off topic.
- Make sure to refer back to the original post.
- Be more formal then you would in real life.
- Avoid using texting language like u or l8r .
- You can add a question, to keep the conversation going.
- Finally, add your blog url, so that the person knows where to find you.
Think about your conventions…
- Fix your spelling mistakes
- Make sure you capitalize correctly
- Punctuate properly
- Make your comment worth reading
- Start a conversation
- If you disagree, be polite about it and disagree respectfully
- Connect with the post, be on topic
- No “Hi! Visit my blog, bye-bye!” Be thoughtful.
- Keep your privacy
- Include your blog url, so that they can find you
I got all of this information from: http://huzzah.edublogs.org/commenting-guidelines/